Videos Can Increase Conversion Rates by 80%
11th January 2016
Videos and animation (when done correctly) are very successful ways in which to market your company, product or business. Here are some facts to get the ball rolling:
- 70% of marketing professionals report that video converts better than any other medium (Marketing Profs)
- Dr. James McQuivey of Forrester Research suggested that one minute of video is worth 1.8 million words.
- Videos increase people’s understanding of your product or service by 74% (Digital Sherpa)
- Video promotion is over 6 times more effective than print and online (b2bmarketing.net)
- A third of all online activity is spent watching video (Digital Sherpa)
- An average user spends 16 minutes 49 seconds watching online video ads every month (Digital Sherpa)
- Forbes Insight found that 59% of senior executives, when presented with both text and videos would prefer to watch the video rather than read the text.
- A study by eyeviewdigital shows that using video on a webpage can increase conversion by 80%.
- ComScore found that visitors who watched videos on a site, stayed on the site for two minutes longer than those who did not watch the video.
- Branded video content reaches nearly half (46%) of all internet users in the UK. More than half of these people (54%) go on to click though to the brand’s website (Econsultancy)
- 80% of Internet users recall watching a video ad on a website they visited in the past 30 days; 46% took some action after viewing the ad (Online Publishers Association)
We’ve worked with many clients to create videos. For example, we created an infomercial for Alternative Networks, which told people a little more about their company. You can find it here.
Watch it. Want it.
- comScore found that website visitors are 64% more likely to buy a product on a retail site after watching a video than if there was no video.
- 90% of users say that seeing a video about a product is helpful in the decision process(Digital Sherpa)
- 4 in 10 shoppers visited a store online or in-person as a direct result of watching a video (ReelSEO)
We created a video for Jugit that explained how to use their new product. You can view it here.
Ping and into the bin? Not if you include a video….
- Experian found that open rates rose between 7-13% if the word “video” was included in the subject line of the email.
- 200% to 300% increase in click through rate when businesses include video in an email (Forrester)
- Click-Through rates increase 2-3 times when marketers include a video in an email (Digital Sherpa)
- MarketingProfs estimate that 76% of senior marketing executives say campaigns that integrate video and email generate higher click-through rates.
- 75% of automated email providers reduced their number of subscriber opt-outs by 75% when emails incorporated video (Eloqua)
Want to get noticed? Head to social media.
- Hubspot found that two-thirds of people using Twitter believed video tweeted by brands to be worthwhile watching.
- 500 years work of YouTube video are watched every day on Facebook, and over 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter each minute (YouTube)
- 50% Of users watch business related videos on YouTube once a week (Digital Sherpa)
We share our work on some of our social media networks and get some fantastic replies, so we believe it’s defiantly worth a shot, have a look on our twitter to see more.
Here at Clear Blue we have helped create all types of videos for different companies. From infomercials to quirky promos, we’ve got it covered. Take a look at our Work page to see just some of the work we’ve done.
I think both you and I will agree that using videos can have a huge impact on your company, so, why not let us help you get started and send us an email at email@example.com or give us a ring on 020 762 25 275