5 Reasons Why Google Loves Video
11th February 2016
Videos are appearing a lot more frequently in search engine results and, in fact, having video on the landing page of your site makes it 53% more likely to show up on page 1 of Google (Strother Communications Group).
Here are just some of the reasons why:
- Video increases time on page (also known as “stickiness”). When ranking sites, Google considers a web page’s “stickiness” as an important factor. The more time a person stays on the website, the better the page search engine ranking in future.
- Blog posts incorporating video attract three times as many inbound links as blog posts without video. (SEOmoz). Obviously, inbound links help video SEO and therefore, you are ranked higher in Google.
- Video allows you to tap into the second largest search engine – Google is the largest search engine in the world; however, many people are still unaware the second largest search engine is YouTube. Over 100 hours of video content is uploaded to YouTube every minute, so there is great potential for your brand to tap into this resource and reach your target audience that is out there. If you’re producing good content, people will head over to your site to see more – boosting your SEO.
- Video transcripts are full of keywords. When you upload a video to your website, make sure you upload video transcripts. Video transcripts can be indexed by Google, allowing keywords to be highlighted, linking back to your webpage. This alone boosts your stats as it shows Google that your video is relevant to your site and it will boost you up the SEO rankings.
- Videos are incredibly easy to share – Video content when posted on social media generates social signals (“likes” and “shares”), all this sharing can build valuable links back to your page, the more links there are, the more clicks onto your page, meaning Google sees it more and ranks it higher.
Videos are incredible at SEO and therefore each business should have one. We create videos for all types of people. Have a look at our work here or get in contact with us so we can help you get started -020 762 25 275 E. email@example.com or fill in our contact us form.